Sunday, May 11, 2008

My story

Ok so I guess I should begin, well where so I begin? I guess how I got where I am. My name is Kisha by the way, I Just turned 28 (god I am almost 30) I feel like I am 16 and people say I look 19 (Love it!). Anyways, I currenty live in Cedar Rapids IOWA. God I can't believe I ended up here. I am from New Orleans. And yes I lived there during Katrina and yes I lost my house. Don't feel bad for me it's ok, Stuff happens, and it was only things. My family survived and so did my pets


.

After the storm I moved back to Napa California for a while (I lived there from ages 2-11) But had a hard time finding a job (EMT) and realized I would NEVER be able to afford to buy a house there. So I moved back home, got a job and Lived with ..... the parents. NOTHING is worse than moving back home with your parents. You feel like a LOSER, plus you are so use to running things your way switching back to their way is not easy. All of a sudden your 14 again.
I had gotten a job as an EMT (Loved the work ,hated the company) but still never made enough money to afford my own apartment, post katrina New Orleans rent prices are outragous. Ok got off track. My best friend Lets call him X, has been in love with me for 8 years, I liked him but had a problem with our age difference (he is 21 years older). Well as I got older the whole age difference mattered less and how compatible we were together started to matter more. I mean I had dated some real losers and gave them a shot at love, yet here was the GREAT guy who was older than me that a blew off because of his age. So I decided to go for it. One big problem, he lived in texas.
At first he was going to move to N.O. but then some crap happened with his room mate and he just packed up and left and went back to his home town. You guessed it Cedar Rapids IOWA. So what do I decide to do. Move there to be with him and give love a chance. What was I thinking. I am in a small town, with nothing to do, no friends, no family and living with a guy I have never dated. Yes this is my life. What can I say I am a bit impulsive. But it's not like I didn't know him, we have been best friends for 8 years what else could I need to know. Right? HA.
So I have been here since September, I feel cheated and lied to he is COMPLETLY different than he portrayed him self to be for the last 8 years. I feel like I have been tricked. I mean he is a nice guy, just not the guy I thought he was. We have some very MAJOR different point of views and things I think are important. And things just are not going so well. We have settled into a nice room mate situation. UGH.
Right now I am getting ready to start school, I want to be a midwife, yep a baby catcher, so I am going to nursing school. I am currently looking for a job, and maybe my own place. I have decided that even though I don't really like it here, it's cheap, not nearly as hot as N.O. , and I am in a nursing program that would take me 2 years to get into back home. So I might as well stick it out for the next 2 years. After that I want to move to either Oregon, Washington, Tennesse, Or Virgina, OOOHH or upstate New York. I want Mountins, and streams and someplace pretty to live that is not hot as hell. I LOVE cold weather.
So that is my story up to Now. As for hobbies I knit, a lot. I just stared about a month ago and I am addicted. I wish there was a Stitch N Bitch here. It would be so nice to get out and be social, make some friends. So you will here a lot about knitting on here. Also I volunteer at the local animal shelter. I love animals. I was a zookeeper for a while (where I met X, he was my boss) and I have worked at shelters, pet stores you name it I have done it. I love to read. I am always surrounded by books and magazines, and I love the movies. Also I am addicted to my dog. She is the cutest thing in the world and I love her with all my heart. She is always at least within 5 feet of me. X hates her and hates how attached she is to me. We also have a cat, she is more his cat now, and he can't do anything with out her even go to the bathroom. I have never seen anyone so in love with anything as he is with his cat. WEIRD. And I have to mention Tenna, she was the best dog ever and I loved her very much, she passes away in december at 13 years old. She lives forever in my heart. So that is it for now.
Mia and all her cuteness
Kitten in X's sweater. It's a sad situation


Tenna and all her perfection

No comments: